Welcome to this course sponsored by the Cabinet Office.
The information you will find in these modules considers how key duties under the CCA link with those contained in other site specific legislation concerned with industrial emergency planning legislation and safety at sports grounds and events. It also aims to raise awareness of some key considerations when aligning activity under different legislative regimes.
This guidance has been developed to complement Emergency Preparedness, the statutory guidance which supports the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 (CCA).
IMPORTANT - Read These 5 Points Before Starting The Course:
- To make your experience of using these modules as productive as possible select the User Help icon below for guidance on how to access the range of user controls and facilities available when viewing the modules.
- Most of the module screens have an accompanying sound track which contains essential information. If you don’t want to listen to the sound track there is a full transcript available. Refer to 1. above for guidance on how to access the transcript facility.
- You can view the modules in any order but they are structured to be viewed in succession.
- To access each module click on the module title alongside each of the brown boxes.
- The modules are designed to be viewed in their own window. The PC you are using must therefore allow 'Pop-ups' from this website. Select the Allow pop-ups icon below for guidance on how to allow pop-ups if the modules do not launch in a new window. N.B. On some computers the modules will open as a new tab in your browser.